September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, a time to honor and remember children and families affected by these rare diseases, and help rally support to give kids with cancer better outcomes by supporting research and resources.
Here are 10 easy ways you can help us reach more children and their families in the hospitals we serve. Click on the Purple words to get more info.
1. Join our 2nd annual 30/30 Challenge
2. Join our spokesperson Cathy Rigby's "Grateful Dollar" Campaign
3. Get to know our Ambassador Louis T. Lion and his Courage Campaign
4. Sign up to Goodsearch and every time you search the web earn dollars for Discovery Arts.
5. When you shop Amazon ... sign up to Amazon Smile for a portion of proceeds that go to your favorite charity.
6. Become a Monthly Partner
7. Sign up to eScrip and when you shop and dine, right in your town, a portion goes directly to 3 of your favorite charities.
8. Shop at Ralphs? Sign up to their Community Contribution Program.
9. Volunteer with us
10. Sponsor A Day in the Playroom
This is such an important message for parents and inspiration for children affected with Melanoma! Well worth the 8 minutes to view this video from MD Anderson Children's Cancer Hospital.
"Childhood melanoma affects kids of all ages and all races. The impact that this disease can have on the lives of these children and their families is profound. Today, we hear from some of the children who have been diagnosed with melanoma. They describe their experiences and methods used for prevention and detection."
~ MD Anderson Cancer Center
Bringing the healing power of the arts to children who are in the hospital undergoing treatment for cancer or life-threatening illness.